How to Prepare for JEE Main 2020 – A clear study plan is the key to success in any exam. In this post, we are going to discuss the most successful Tips, Tricks & Strategies to make an actionable study plan to crack the JEE Main exam. Here, we shall help you with the best and most effective JEE Main preparation tips, particularly for JEE Main self-study and JEE Main preparation without coaching.
How to Prepare for JEE Main 2020
Know all about the Exam and stay Updated:
- JEE Main Exam Pattern
- JEE Main Eligibility
- JEE Main Important Dates
- JEE Main Syllabus
- JEE Main Application Form
- JEE Main Scoring and Result
- JEE Main Normalisation
- JEE Main Cutoffs
- JEE Main Admit Card
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus
To crack JEE Main, one needs to be well versed in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics of class 11 and 12. NTA elaborates the syllabus to study from. This allows students to know what to prepare before how to prepare for JEE Main 2020.
One step is to segregate the topics in each subject into class 11 and class 12 to allow for common preparation for both board and entrance exams. Second, the topics from the JEE Main syllabus must be divided into easy, tough and very tough so that the how to prepare for JEE Main plan is made accordingly.
Candidates can check out the below-mentioned syllabus based on class 11th and 12th education.
JEE Main Mathematics Marks: 120
- Sets, relations and functions
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations
- Matrices and determinants
- Permutations and combinations
- Mathematical induction
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications
- Sequences and series
- Limit, continuity and differentiability
- Integral calculus
- Differential equations
- Coordinate geometry
- Three dimensional geometry
- Vector algebra
- Statistics and probability
- Mathematical reasoning
JEE Main Physics Marks: 120
- Physics and measurement
- Laws of motion
- Work, energy and power
- Rotational motion
- Properties of solids and liquids
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations and waves
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Atoms and nuclei
- Electronic devices
- Communication systems
- Experimental skills
- Modern Physics
- Semi Conductor Devices
JEE Main Chemistry Marks: 120
JEE Main Physical chemistry
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox Reactions and Electro-chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
JEE Main Organic chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals
- S – Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)
- P- Block Elements
- d – and f – Block Elements
- Co-Ordination Compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
JEE Main Inorganic chemistry
- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry In Everyday Life
- Principles Related to Practical Chemistry
Get to know the exam – understanding JEE Main 2020 exam pattern
Candidates must be familiar with the JEE Main exam pattern to know what to expect in the exam. Understanding the marking scheme allows candidates to calculate how they should attempt their exam
JEE Main Exam pattern – Paper 1
|Mode of exam
|Computer-based test mode
|Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
|Total number of questions
|Physics – 30 Questions (120 Marks), Chemistry – 30 Questions (120 Marks) and Maths – 30 Questions (120 Marks)
|Type of Questions
|Objective having 4 options – Single Choice Type Question.
Making how to prepare for JEE Main 2020 plan
One of the biggest questions asked is how to make the JEE Main preparation plan. After segregating the topics, it’s vital to know the weightage. While all topics are equally important, some topics have importance as many questions are generally asked from there. Check the topper interviews, previous year papers to understand the weightage of the topics to make the plan.
JEE Main Preparation Guidelines
- Give equal weightage to all topics
- Distribute the time needed to study it.
- Revision helps you to ace JEE Main Exam.
Action Plan for How to Prepare for JEE Main 2020
- Study a chapter and understand the concepts. NCERT books are good for this.
- While studying, make sure to note important points and formulas. This short notes will be useful during revision.
- After studying a chapter or topic, check how much you can recollect and to what extent you have understood the topic.
- Then practice questions based on the topic studied. Try to solve yourself, make mistakes and then correct it. This step will help you to crack JEE Main.
- Make sure to give a mock test after completing the subject. Similarly ensure that you appear for as many mock tests as you can so that you can analyze your preparation levels, understand where you are making the mistakes
- Use the analysis to know your weak areas and concentrate on improving while revising.
- Revision is the key for improvement in your score in JEE Main
- Clear all your concepts, doubts. Never leave a question unanswered in your mind.
- Put the brake and take a break – While studying is good, it’s not wise to do it continuously. So take some time off to refresh your mind before you start again. You can listen to music, play games or do what eases your brain. Physical exercise for half an hour or an hour helps in boosting the memory. Eat right.
- If you have 5-10 months in hand, you can achieve that score provided you are focused and organized.
- One tool that can help you learn your concepts in a structured way is the Knowledge Tree of Concepts.
- A well-planned JEE Main preparation timetable and thorough browsing of the entire question paper is especially relevant.
- Do not leave any stone unturned to make the best of your JEE Main preparation.
- Remember to solve as many questions as you can during practice.
Exam day tips to crack JEE Main 2020
- Find your exam center a day before to check the location of the centre.
- Keep your exam kit (hall ticket/admit card, Photo ID, pen, etc) ready one day before the exam to avoid misplacing or forgetting them.
- Ensure that you get a good night’s sleep before the exam day.
- Avoid stressing during the exam. Instead, take one question at a time and try to solve it.
JEE Main Preparation – Previous Year Papers
In order to clear the JEE Main, solving the JEE Main Previous Year Papers must be a part of your JEE Main preparation. They will help you get an idea and feel of the actual exam paper. That will add a whole new dimension to your JEE Main preparation. Furthermore, along with the JEE Main Previous Year Papers, we also provide the Answer Key and Solutions.
JEE Main Cut Off Factors
- Number of applications received,
- Number of questions asked in the paper,
- The difficulty level of the exam,
- Performance of the candidates, and
- Previous years’ cut off trends
Best Books for IIT JEE
JEE Main Preparation Tips – JEE Main best books NCERT books should be your best friends during your JEE Main preparation. The following are some of the other best books for JEE Main preparation out of all JEE Main preparation books:
Best Books for JEE Mains Preparation Physics
- Concepts of Physics (Volume 1 and Volume 2) by HC Verma
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
- Solutions To Irodov’s Problems In General Physics, Vol I
- Solutions To Irodov’s Problems In General Physics, Vol II
- Fundamentals of Physics by David Halliday, Robert Resnick, and Jearl Walker
- 40 Years IIT-JEE Advanced + 16 yrs JEE Main Topic-wise Solved Paper Physics
Best Books for IIT JEE Preparation Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry by Robert Morrison and Boyd
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by RC Mukherjee
- 40 Years IIT-JEE Advanced + 16 yrs JEE Main Topic-wise Solved Paper Chemistry
Recommended Books for IIT JEE preparation Mathematics
- Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron
- Calculus and Analytic Geometry by Thomas Finney
- Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight Buy The Book
- 40 Years IIT-JEE Advanced + 16 yrs JEE Main Topic-Wise Solved Paper Mathematics
- SK Goyal would be ideal for Maths (Algebra).
We hope this detailed article on JEE Main Preparation helps you.