Maulana Azad Scholarship 2021-22: Maulana Azad Education Foundation offers ‘Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship’ to the meritorious girl students who belong to one of the six communities (Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis, and Jains). The last to submit the Maulana Azad Scholarship 2021 online form is September 30. There are no fees charged for online applications.
University Grant Commission (UGC) offers Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF) to the students of six minority communities. The last date to submit the Maulana Azad scholarship 2021-22 online application form is December of every year. Candidates can apply online through the official portal of UGC.
Maulana Azad National Scholarship 2021-22
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship is offered by Maulana Azad Foundation, Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. Girl students from class 9th to 12th are eligible to apply for this scholarship. The annual family income of the student must not be more than INR 2 lakhs. The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination minimum of 50% marks from a recognized institute. Girl students studying in class 9th and 10th will get INR 5000 each per year and studying in class 11th and 12th will get INR 6000 each per year.
Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF) is offered by the University Grant Commission (UGC) for six minority communities (Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis, and Jains). Candidates are provided five-year fellowships in the form of financial assistance who are studying M.Phil and Ph.D. programs in India. The annual family income must not exceed INR 2.5 lakhs. Fellowship of INR 25000 per month is provided for two years (JRF) and INR 28000 per month (SRF).
The maximum duration of an M.Phil is two years and for M.Phil+Ph.D., the duration is five years.
Maulana Azad Scholarship Status 2021-22 Last Date
|Name of Scholarship||Last Date to Apply|
|Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship||September|
|Maulana Azad National Fellowship||December|
Maulana Azad Scholarship Eligibility
The following are the conditions for eligibility for Maulana Scholarship 2021:
|Name of the Scholarship||Eligibility Criteria|
|Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship||This scholarship scheme is for minority girl students only who study from Class 9th to 12th
Minority communities – Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis, and Jains are eligible
Candidates must have passed the previous qualifying examination with at least 50% marks.
The annual family income of the student must not be more than INR 2 lakhs per annum.
|Maulana Azad National Fellowship 2021-22||Candidates must be from six minority communities – Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis, and Jains
Candidate must submit minority community certificate
The candidate should be registered for full-time M.Phil/Ph.D. course from a recognized university
Candidate must have passed Master’s degree with minimum 50% marks
Transgender candidates can also apply for this fellowship
The annual family income of the students must not exceed INR 2.5 lakhs per annum.
Maulana Azad Scholarship Amount
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship’s amount is divided into two parts: one for class 9th and 10th and another for class 11th and 12th. Class 9th and 10th class students are provided the amount of INR 5000 per year and students of class 11th and 12th are provided a scholarship of INR 6000 per year. Maulana Azad Scholarship 2021 last date is December of every year.
Fellowship of INR 25000 per month is provided to JRF students for two-year and INR 28000 to SRF students for remaining tenure. UGC has fixed different scholarship amounts for Humanities, Social Science and Commerce, Science and Escorts/Reader Assistance.
|Scholarship Name||Scholarship Amount|
|Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship||Class 9th and 10th: INR 5000 per annum|
|Class 11th and 12th: INR 6000 per annum|
|Maulana Azad Fellowship 2021-22||INR 25000 per month is provided for two-years (JRF) and INR 28000 per month (SRF) for rest of the tenure|
|Humanities, Social Science and Commerce: INR 10000 per annum for two-years and INR 20500 per annum for remaining three-years|
|Science: INR 12000 per annum for two-years and INR 25000 per annum for remaining three-years|
|Escorts/Reader Assistance: INR 2000 per month in case of physically and visually challenged candidates|
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Online Application Process
The following are the steps for filling online Maulana Azad Scholarship 2021 Application Form:
- Visit the official website of MAEF (Maulana Azad Education Foundation) and click on the link for registration for a scholarship.
- Read the instruction carefully and click on continue.
- Fill the Application form and attach the required documents.
- Submit the form.
- Online registration is free of cost.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Required Documents
- Income certificate issued by the competent authority
- Passport size photograph
- School Verification Form
Note: The scholarship amount will be credited directly to the Beneficiary Bank Account through DBT mode.
Maulana Azad National Fellowship Online Application Process
Steps to Maulana Azad Scholarship Form 2021-22 Apply Online are:
- Visit the official website of UGC and go to the section for Maulana Azad National Fellowship.
- Fill the form completely and attach the required documents.
- Click on submit.
Maulana Azad National Fellowship Required Documents
- Caste Certificate
- Physical or Visually Disabled Certificate
- Research work
- Scholarship/Current Employment
Maulana Azad Scholarship Selection Process
The selection to ‘Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship’ is done on the basis of the financial need of the student.
Selection to Maulana Azad National Fellowship is as follows:
- The received online application will be reviewed by a committee constituted by UGC.
- The expert committee will decide finally who will get the fellowship.
- Award Letter will be provided to the selected candidate which can be downloaded.
- The scholarship awardee is required to join the fellowship from 1st April of the election year.
Maulana Azad Scholarship Benefits
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Benefits
Students who got eligible under Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship can get the scholarship amount after their expenditure on admission and course or tuition fee and maintenance allowance
- For girls studying in Class 9 and 10: INR 5,000 each
- For girls studying in Class 11 and 12: INR 6,000 each
Maulana Azad National Fellowship 2021-22 Benefits
Students who got eligible Maulana Azad National Fellowship can get the scholarship amount, students get the following benefits:
- Students will receive a monthly stipend of INR 25,000 for the initial 2 years as a Junior research fellow (JRF).
- Students will receive a monthly stipend of INR 28,000 for the remaining 3 years as a Senior research fellow (SRF).
- A contingency grant of INR 10,000 (for the initial 2 years) and INR 20,500 (for the remaining 3 years) per annum for Humanities & Social Sciences and Commerce.
- A contingency grant of INR 12,000 (for the initial 2 years) and INR 25,000 (for the remaining 3 years) per annum for Science.
- An escorts/reader assistance of INR 2000 per month (for physically and visually challenged candidates).
FAQ’s on Maulana Azad Scholarship 2021
What is the duration of the award ship of MANF?
The duration of the award ship of MANF is subject to Para 6 of MANF Scheme guidelines.
What is the Income Ceiling under MANF?
The income ceiling of the parents/guardian of the candidate for Maulana Azad National Fellowship for minority students will be Rs.6.00 Lakh per annum.